cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new Canon 70D is not recognized by Windows 10 Anniversary.

jcinpv
Contributor

Windows 10 Anniversary running under Parallels 12 on a new MacBook Pro.

Plug in my 6D and it shows up in Devices.

Plug in my 7D and it does NOT show up in Devices.

I have two other cameras (not Canon) that also work with Windows.

Using the same USB cable for both Canon cameras. Even tried a different cable.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

jcinpv
Contributor

I have two new cameras: 6D and 70D.

The 6D is modified and cooled by Central DS.

The 70D is original.

MacBook Pro with 16GB memory running macOS Sierra.

Using the same cable for both cameras, running EOS Utility 3 that was installed for the 6D.

The 6D is recognized by EOS Utility 3 and works.

The 70D is not regonized by neither EOS Utility 3 nor EOS Utility 2.

And strangely enough, the 70D is also not recognized by Windows 10 (Anniversary update, running under Parallels 12 on the MacBook Pro).

View solution in original post

Canon reps have replied to this separately and gave me the answer.

It turns out that I had set Wi-Fi Enabled, and that precluded the camera from being recognized by USB.

John C

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

jcinpv
Contributor

I have two new cameras: 6D and 70D.

The 6D is modified and cooled by Central DS.

The 70D is original.

MacBook Pro with 16GB memory running macOS Sierra.

Using the same cable for both cameras, running EOS Utility 3 that was installed for the 6D.

The 6D is recognized by EOS Utility 3 and works.

The 70D is not regonized by neither EOS Utility 3 nor EOS Utility 2.

And strangely enough, the 70D is also not recognized by Windows 10 (Anniversary update, running under Parallels 12 on the MacBook Pro).

Hi, jcinpv!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by ready to help 24/7 via email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 8 AM and midnight ET (5 AM to 9 PM PT) and Saturdays between 10 AM and 8 PM ET (7 AM to 5 PM PT). We also encourage you to check out our Knowledge Base at that same link for answers to common questions.

Thanks and have a great day!

Canon reps have replied to this separately and gave me the answer.

It turns out that I had set Wi-Fi Enabled, and that precluded the camera from being recognized by USB.

John C

@jcinpv wrote:

John C

That comes up fairly frequently in this forum. It's one of the issues that inspire curmudgeons like me (especially those of us with more than a little WiFi experience) to rail against WiFi on a camera as being more trouble than it's worth. In particular, to advance the proposition that no one but a photojournalist on deadline should ever even bother to turn it on.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

studiog757
Apprentice

New windows 10....  cant connect canon 70d ad hoc ...  any advice.   computer wifi wont connect to camera.. firewall is off... ect...    need help

irish626
Contributor

Just curious as to why you run windows on a macbook pro?

@irish626 wrote:

Just curious as to why you run windows on a macbook pro?

The Macbook Pro inquiry was from a different person a year ago.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements