cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My canon 5D mark iii have vertical white lines specially in pan movements! Can anyone help me please

ashkanataei
Apprentice

There are a lot of vertical white lines in my Live View monitor that can be seen in post processing too!!

They are so annoying! does anyone have similar problem?

I realy need your help!

6 REPLIES 6

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

"A picture is worth a thousand words".  

Can you post an example of an image and also please include exposure info (EXIF data)?  A link to an image will also work, but we need to see the exposure info along with the image.  The camera will include the EXIF meta-data (and many of us have tools which will allow us to see the exposure info) as long as you don't use software that strips it out.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

I'm so sorry for I don't have access to the uploading website to upload a sample video!

because I'm from Iran and we are under sanctions and some website have been filtered for us!!

But my problem is about the vertical whit lines which appears in movie mode and they seem that they stick to the lens!

shutter speed:30

apperture:4

ISO:800

WB:3200 k

picture style:cine style 

What lens & if it has IS should it be turned off to pan? If it has IS & a 2 position mode switch it needs to be in mode 2 when panning.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Thank for your replays...

here is a vimeo link which I made with the help of a proxy server(VPN)!

It is too short but useful!

Look at the vertical white line in the shadow part and the banding lines that are moving with the camera!!

5D3 and the banding white lines!

Hmm... I am not seeing the white line or banding lines.  Perhpas I'm not looking in the right area.

I'm wondering if it's something showing up in your player (not really part of the video). 

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

ahousat
Apprentice

Having same issue, were you able to figure it out at all? 

Announcements