Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My camera shuts down automatically after few shots on live mode

Osamakhalid
Contributor

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what model camera you're using, and any error messages you might be seeing.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to enter your product information and discover your support options. 

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

Live mode draws significant current whenever it is in use leading to more rapid depletion of the battery.  A battery that is nearing end of life will fail rapidly under these conditions.  Corrosion/debris/film buildup on the battery contacts (both the battery and camera side can create problems) will also cause an issue.

If you have another battery, try using it.  If your camera came with an AC adapter you can also try it.  Non-Canon batteries, especially those from some of the low cost suppliers, will not provide anywhere close to the capacity of the real Canon OEM batteries.  I bought a couple of aftermarket batteries for my 1D M2 several years ago because I needed them in a hurry for a trip.  They worked reasonably well in light usage but any sustained high speed burst would lock the camera up with an error.  Even shooting a few photos in burst mode would cause the battery life indicator to plummet before it slowly rose again which is a sure sign of a battery not sufficient for the task at hand.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

tmc784
Enthusiast

No one can help you if no further information provided.

Announcements