cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My camera , a new Canon 70d, goes automatically to MOVIE MODE.

NaturesBoy
Apprentice

Hi

I bought a new canon 70d a week back and today it is suddenly going to movie mode when i start it. I cleared all settings and re started the camera but that did not help. I pulled the battery out and put it in but that did not help either. I cant bring it back to normal camera mode at any cost. Why is it happening like this ? Nothing wrong happened to the camera, not even a shake. No fall .. No water spill .. nothing.

I am very worried. Pls help !!

PR

5 REPLIES 5

PhotoInParadise
Contributor
I also have a new Canon 70D, have not had any problems but if I did I would call Canon tech support and ask for a solution or what your next step should be.
My Gear: 70D, 24-70mm f/4L, 70-200 f/2.8L, 430 EX III RT Speedlight

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Removing the battery will not help unless you leave it out for an extended time period. Several weeks!

Go to the menu and select Clear all settings.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

What position is the mode dial in? Does changing it to other positions change this or is that of no help?

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

There is probably nothing wrong with your camera.  Check the Movie/LiveView switch on the rear of the camera.

Canon_70D_Movie-LiveView_Switch.PNG

It is very easy to change the position of the switch when you are removing, or replacing, your camera from a bag.  The switch should normally be in the LiveView position.  Pressing the button would activate LiveView on the LCD.

However, when the switch is the Movie Mode, the LCD will immediately turn on, and pressing the button will Start/Stop movie recording.  I suspect your switch has been bumped into the Movie position.  It is quite easy to do.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I think Waddizzle has hit it correctly. At least this was my thought as well. It's very easy for that switch to be moved and not notice. My 6D has the same set up and I have done that very thing.

Announcements