cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My EOS 80D is not recognized by Windows 10

Drakoumel
Apprentice

Hallo!

I have just bought an EOS 80D camera, and I have three computers in my family, all of them with Windows 10. Using the same USB cable, the camera is recognized by the two other computers (all desktop), but not from mine. In my computer it is appeared as an "Other Devices / Canon Digital Camera" in the Device manager, and no appeared in the My Computer area. I tried a lot to install a propriate driver, but without success. So it is unable to download the pictures and the videos, which are in the camera's memory card, using the EOS Utility. The only connection availability is via WiFi but it is very slow. 

What can I do to solve this?

Stylianos

7 REPLIES 7

Use a card reader to read the card.

Do all three computers have the same version of Windows 10 (Pro, Home Edition, or whatever)?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

All the three computers have indeed the same version of Windows 10 Pro N. 

I also use a Transcend card reader to read the card fron the camera, but without success. The reader reads the cards from my old camera (CF) and other cards, but not the SD cards. Is there any possibility that it doesn't read SD cards with large capacity, or new cards?

Stylianos

Patras, Greece 

@Drakoumel wrote:

All the three computers have indeed the same version of Windows 10 Pro N. 

I also use a Transcend card reader to read the card fron the camera, but without success. The reader reads the cards from my old camera (CF) and other cards, but not the SD cards. Is there any possibility that it doesn't read SD cards with large capacity, or new cards?

Stylianos

Patras, Greece 

If you do not have Windows Media Player, then you need to download it from Microsoft.  It is available free of charge.  In some European countries, WMP is not included for various reasons.  The application contains media drivers that you need.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Unfortunately for me, I also have the WMD since from the beginning of the Windows 10, even if I don't use it so much. The problem still remains, except if the media drivers you suggest are not available to the basic edition of WMP and it needs something more. However it is very strange, that the camera is not recognized by one computer (mine), and it is by all the others in my house...

There must be some other solution...

Stylianos

Patras, Greece

@Drakoumel wrote:

Unfortunately for me, I also have the WMD since from the beginning of the Windows 10, even if I don't use it so much. The problem still remains, except if the media drivers you suggest are not available to the basic edition of WMP and it needs something more. However it is very strange, that the camera is not recognized by one computer (mine), and it is by all the others in my house...

There must be some other solution...

Stylianos

Patras, Greece

The explanation of your problem is clear enough, and you've all but said it yourself: there is something different about that third computer The root cause is probably, but not necessarily, in the software, but the one certainty is that it isn't in the camera. Unfortunately, you have to debug it yourself. Even those of us who think we're computer experts have no way of running the necessary tests. Obviously you should start by making sure that the computers' operating systems, including the relevant drivers, are at the same revision level. If your testing raises specific questions that we can help you answer, let us know. But beyond that, we're unlikely to be of much help.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Dear sir,

of course there is something different between my computer and the other two of the house, even if all of them have the same exactly operating system (Windows 10 Pro N), installed the same time, with the same parameters and completely updated till today. I use the same cable to connect the camera and obviously the problem has nothing to do with the camera. An old Canon EOS 350 camera is normally connected to my computer, with no problem, but the new camera can't do this. By this time I can't think what kind of test have to do, but obviously I haven't the availability to enter the operating system and test it's situation. You helped me up to a level, but my problem still exists strong and unbeatable.

To be continued till the solution...

Stylianos

Patras, Greece 

tapsvirus
Apprentice

Hello!

I know that this discussion was so long time before, but I still write, cause I've searched information about topic and didn't find.

So, I had the same problem. Via wifi not showing at list at a, via usb cable saying that is not recognized. So I change the computer no changes. So I decided to make partition on my hard disk for windows 10 dual boot and finally, it works at that partition. Just need install the netframwork 5.0.

Announcements