cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Canon battery killed my cameras, with an "s." Help.

NoRealChunks
Apprentice

Canon Rebel T2i worked for 5+ yrs. Dies. Full OEM battery, when switched on, blinks once and nothing. Looked online, tried micro-switches, nothing.

After some time, bought another Canon Rebel T2i, I placed my original OEM battery into the new one: works. So it's not the battery. Used it for a day. Next day, I switched it on, blinks once, nothing.  My conclusion is that the old OEM Canon battery pack LP-E8 killed both of my cameras. Be warned!!! And if someone can charm in with some input. Super appreciated.

""Update"" Solution found. It was my micro SD card. The camera just won't work with it. Insanely stupid. But hopefully, others find this and won't toss their cameras.

Side note: that's what internet does these days, no? You believe in something, all you could find is what supports that belief, and you won't even think/look for answers that go against your belief.

11 REPLIES 11

By any chance is there a real camera store in your area? Perhaps you could try your battery in one of their bodies, even a used one. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they were reluctant to do so. Maybe they have a way of performing a load test on your batteries, apart from the camera.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@NoRealChunks wrote:

Canon Rebel T2i worked for 5+ yrs. Dies. Full OEM battery, when switched on, blinks once and nothing. Looked online, tried micro-switches, nothing.

After some time, bought another Canon Rebel T2i, I placed my original OEM battery into the new one: works. So it's not the battery. Used it for a day. Next day, I switched it on, blinks once, nothing.  My conclusion is that the old OEM Canon battery pack LP-E8 killed both of my cameras. Be warned!!! And if someone can charm in with some input. Super appreciated.

No one has mentioned a lens.  Is this happening without a lens mounted on the camera?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements