cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Canon 70d will not take pictures or video. When take a pic or vid it shows up as white linesHELP!

TJB
Apprentice

My Canon 70d will not take pictures or video. When try take a pic in live view, live view is white with different colored lines. When i press the shutter it does nothing. When i try to take video it locks up and wont turn off. When i use the viewfinder and press the shutter it clicks but when i press playback it is only a white striped screen. Can anyone tell me what is happening and how to fix it if possible?13389011_1628239344161620_1412926070_o.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

That sounds like a sensor or motherboard problem. If resetting to factory settings doesn't cure it, you may have to send it in for service.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

TJB
Apprentice

The problem seems to have disappeared after I swiched out my Lexar 600x 32gb to my Class 10 sandisk 32gb. I wont be using Lexar anymore.

@TJB wrote:

The problem seems to have disappeared after I swiched out my Lexar 600x 32gb to my Class 10 sandisk 32gb. I wont be using Lexar anymore.

And yet I've used almost nothing but Lexar over the last ten years or so and have never had the slightest problem.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements