cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Canon 70D start showing White Screen with Vertical black lines after 4 months without using?!

milanguy
Apprentice

I have a canon 70D and i left it for 4 months without using...now when i tried to turn it on...the screen showing white screen with vertical black lines...it is not an LCD defect, because all the functions and menu can be accessed clearily...also the screen give a warning Exp.SIM ...it might be trivial things to you guys but i am new with this field.

looking for help please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Looks like it needs to go to Canon service center. Something is wrong insdie camera.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

milanguy
Apprentice
@jrhoffman75
1- the battery is fully charged
2- I tried two batteries
3- in the beginning...when it was showing the white screen with random vertical black lines on Live View, when I was pressing the shutter button, I heard the capturing sound..but nothing was showing on Live View..only capturing settings around the panel...
Before three hours the camera stop even responding to all buttons...it is ON with white screen but freezing...I removed the battery and inserted again...I managed to access the camera menu but the Live View start to show a vertical burble lines in the menu screen...then I removed the battery and inserted again..the camera no longer power ON!

4- no I didn't
5- I am 100% sure it was working
6- I left it in my studio and one can access it!

Looks like it needs to go to Canon service center. Something is wrong insdie camera.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hello,

I would like to know the feedback of this suggestion because my 70D is doing the same thing.

My 70D started displaying white with verticle lines when previewing images, also in video mode the screen was having glitering (stucking and refresh rate was very slow).

Later on the pictures all together was not captured by the card even if I use the OVF to take photos, they also have the same white with colored verticle lines.

If you click on milanguy's name you will get a page where you can select to send him a private message.

Contacting him diectly may get you a better response.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

If you click on milanguy's name you will get a page where you can select to send him a private message.

Contacting him directly may get you a better response.

Except that the icon that says you have a private message is so inconspicuous that it's easy to overlook it.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

But I always get an email that says I have a Private Message.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

My canon powershot S80 screen gets black Everything should works fine LCD shown all thing ISO all simbels shown only scree gets black how to fix this 

Hi, did you fix your camera afterall?

Did you send it to the service? If so, what was the problem and how much did it cost to fix it?

I'm having the exactly same problem with my 70D

Thanks

Announcements