cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 70D makes me hit the shutter button twice in "AV, "TV" , "M" modes, didn't do it before.

jrhenry123
Apprentice

I have a new EOS 70D, now when I try to shoot in "AV", "TV" or "M" modes I have to press the Shutter button Twice and sometimes it only closes the shutter and won't let me press it twice or it finishes very delayed.  I have disabled the Mirror Lock and cleared the custom settings but still doing it.  Works fine in "Auto" and "SCN" modes. 

Please Help I note sure what I changed that is making it very delayed when shooting in the Manual Settings.

Jeff

2 REPLIES 2

cicopo
Elite

Set to 2 sec timer maybe?

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

I immediately thought you'd enabled mirror lock-up which does precisely this (First press swings up the mirror... second press takes the photograph.)  But then you said you specifically disabled this.

All I can think of is exactly what cicopo already suggested... that possibly you've enabled the 2 second delay timer.  This is similar in purposes to mirror lock-up... to allow the camera to settle after you press the shutter button so that when it takes the shot (typcially it would be on a tripod) the camera will have had a chance for the vibrations to dampen before the shutter opens.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements