cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 70D LCD lag in video mode and live view and picture are just white

Jonius
Apprentice

Hello,

My camera, canon eos 70D, a while back started behaving a bit wierd by lagging very much when i want to use it after keeping it without using it for a while. when i turn to the video mode or live view the screen beocme very laggy. its simply unusable, but after a while it responded very good and I was able to use it.

I use my 70D mainly for video shooting on events and weddings.

recentely when I put battery and switched it on, I wanted to take some photos then I realized that when I take photo and I want to preview I don't see the picture but the white screen with some strips. So I copied the pictures and analyse then on computer only to find that the actual pictures are white with some strips.

Here are the pictures:

IMG_9444-web.JPG

IMG_9440-web.JPG

I tried reseting the camera to the factory settings, nothing changed. I even updated the firmware from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 still nothing happens.

Please I would like to hear from you if there is something I can do to fix this. 

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Ew, not good.  If a new memory card that has been low level formatted in the camera doesn't fix it, your camera needs repairs.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

This phenomenon happen even if there is no memory card at all. 

The lag and the preview image with white and strips happens regardless of low level formart. All my memory cards are class 10 with read speed not minimum than 60mbps

Announcements