cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 6D is not autofocusing on AI Servo mode and lens is making a sound when trying to.

Alex_Ruiz
Apprentice

My 6D is not auto focusing when on AI servo mode and it is not making the beeping sound that it has found and locked the focus.  Also, I notice that the 24-105 lens is making a loud strange noise when it is attempting to focus.  

On One Shot mode it does focus and light up.  I put on my 35mm lens and the same thing - does not auto focus nor light up or beep.  I do NOT hear the sound coming from this lens like I do on the 24-105.

Anyone know what's going on?  It wasn't doing this before so I'm wondering if I changed a setting or something.  The camera is new and hardly been used.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

One, when the camera is in AI Servo mode, it does not beep when it locks focus.  Because the camera is supposed to be continually updating focus on a target in AI Servo, the camera would beep relentlessly if if the beep were enabled.

Two, Canon lenses generally do not make "loud strange noises" when focusing.  What focusing mode is the camera in when your 24-105 lens makes these noises?  Are you referring the EF 24-105 f/4L IS USM lens?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Alex_Ruiz
Apprentice
Thank you. Yes, the EF 24-105 f/4 IS USM lens. It makes the sound in all three modes. AI Servo, One shot and Focus. It wasn't making this sound before.

@Alex_Ruiz wrote:
Thank you. Yes, the EF 24-105 f/4 IS USM lens. It makes the sound in all three modes. AI Servo, One shot and Focus. It wasn't making this sound before.

Not good.  Your lens most likely needs service.  Contact Canon U.S. Support at 1-800-OK-CANON.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yikes!  

So weird as it is clean and brand new.  Hasn't been dropped; nothing unusual has happened but I will take it in.

Thanks for the clarification on the AF modes!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements