cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Exposure shoots Slow 70D

RooDog
Contributor

I can get my Canon 70D to take multiple exposures. Up to 9 shots per frame. But it takes at least a sec between shots. If I use burst mode not doing multiple exposures, I can get a lot of shots a sec. My only options in the menu are how many shots, and “additive or average” Neither of those change how long it takes.

I’d love to get a multiple exposure shot of my dog jumping hurtles. But taking so long between shots, can’t really do that. I got a fast card, bursting is super fast. Why is Multiple exposure so slow?

Thanks Much,

Greg

3 REPLIES 3

John_B
Rising Star

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

There are a few things that can affect the contiounous burst. Shooting in RAW file format as well as any bracketing such as White Balance Bracketing can slow the burst speed. Also if you are shooting subjects with a very fine detail this may slow the process a bit. 

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

There are a handful factors that can reduce the frame rate.  Shooting JPEGs, instead of RAW, seems to make the biggest difference.  Long exposure and high ISO noise reduction can slow it down, too.  The less processing that you ask the camera do per shot, the higher your frame rate can be.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ScottyP
Authority

Multiple bracketed exposures of a dog running and jumping?  Why?  

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements