cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Exposure feature on Canon 6D

AlanK
Contributor
I purchased a Canon 6D for the Multiple Exposure (ME), among other reasons. My problem is that in order to enable the ME function I had to reset camera settings which caused the wifi feature to be disabled.
Is this common or am I doing something wrong?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Capture.JPG

See third blue bullet.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

@AlanK wrote:
Correction: Instruction guide did NOT include this info

I believe Canon has been providing abbreviated printed instruction manuals with their recent cameras. But did a CD also come with it? If so, that may be where the real manual is.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Thanks, John

It appears some of the "blend modes" such as Bright or Contshtg are not available on the 6D (or Mark II).  The rest of the article looks good, though.  I'll try to apply some of hints in the article.

Dave

I'm following up with the results of trying both the Additive and Average summing methods for 3 exposure images taken with a 6D Mk II.

1.  I tried Additive summing for 3 exposures and set the exposure level to -1 F-stop.  I had an indoor closet for a background and took the first exposure centered, the second exposure to the left, and the third exposure to the right.  The first image was a little under-exposed and the left and right exposures were barely visible.  The background was exposed fairly well, though.

2.  I tried Average summing for 3 exposures and set the exposure level to nominal (+/- 0 F-stops).  These exposures were taken outside against a tree.  The first exposure was pretty faint (under-exposed) but darker than the Additive method exposure.  The left and right exposures were still under-exposed but much darker than before.  The left exposure contained a branch of the tree in it.  I guess I should have seen that coming, though...  The background was still exposed fairly well,though.

3.  I tried Additive summing for 3 exposures inside with a black poster background.  Exposure was set to nominal.  The first (center) exposure was much darker but still under-exposed.  The left and right exposures were much more visible and only very slightly under-exposed.  The background was epxosed fairly well.

4.  I tried Average summing for 3 exposures with the same setup as step 3.  The first exposure was more under-exposed and the left and right exposures were over-exposed.  The background was exposed fairly well.

I appears the Additive summing method produced the best results of all the tests.

I've read several articles on this subject but nothing seems to indicate that kinds of results I'm getting.

Has someone had practical results in combining 3 exposures into one summary image?  If so, I could really use some insight into an example or details on how you did it.

Thanks for any help.

Announcements