cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Exposure feature on Canon 6D

AlanK
Contributor
I purchased a Canon 6D for the Multiple Exposure (ME), among other reasons. My problem is that in order to enable the ME function I had to reset camera settings which caused the wifi feature to be disabled.
Is this common or am I doing something wrong?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Capture.JPG

See third blue bullet.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

@AlanK wrote:
Correction: Instruction guide did NOT include this info

I believe Canon has been providing abbreviated printed instruction manuals with their recent cameras. But did a CD also come with it? If so, that may be where the real manual is.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Capture.JPG

See third blue bullet.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi John -

Great reply to the OP for how to set up the multiple exposures.

I have the 6D Mark II and setting up for the multiple shots was relatively straight-forward but I'm having some difficulty in set the right exposure level to get three shots with equal exposure.  I've tried the Additive (and set the exposure to 1 stop) and Average (with 0 stop bias).  With the Additive, the first image was slightly underexposed but the second and third shots were severely underexposed in the final image.  With the Average, the first image was severely underexposed but the second and thrid images were only slightly underexposed.

What settings woudl I have to make to get three images of equal exposure?

Thanks.

Dave

AlanK
Contributor
Thank U for the info. The instructions guide that was included with my camera did include this info

AlanK
Contributor

@AlanK wrote:

I believe Canon has been providing abbreviated printed instruction manuals with their recent cameras. But did a CD also come with it? If so, that may be where the real manual is.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Glad to help. I got the info from the PDF manual from Canon site. You can download it. I download my manuals and add them to my iPhone.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

AlanK
Contributor
Yes, I have CD, but my Apple laptop does not have an optical drive. I can download manual from Canon's website. Thank U for the assistance.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I don’t know if this might help. http://learn.usa.canon.com/resources/articles/2011/1dx_multiple_exposures_article.shtml
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
https://www.learn.usa.canon.com/app/pdfs/quickguides/CDLC_MultiExposure_Feature_QuickGuide.pdf
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements