cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple 6D Camera access through wifi ?

nadun911
Apprentice

We do event photography coverage. so we have to do instant printing. normally we do removing camera's memory cards and copy all the pictures and print it. That is very difficult thing. 

I have tried to connect multiple camera (see picture) and Canon's EOS only conncect with one camera.

I want to access files on other cameras too. 

dlsr network.jpg

so help me to connect these cameras for access file in one PC

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Use a tablet, or some other portable device, connected to the camera via USB.  Use the tablet to control the camera remotely, which will allow you to specify where the files are automatically saved. 

All of the remote devices can be configured to save their images at a shared network storage location.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@nadun911 wrote:

We do event photography coverage. so we have to do instant printing. normally we do removing camera's memory cards and copy all the pictures and print it. That is very difficult thing. 

I have tried to connect multiple camera (see picture) and Canon's EOS only conncect with one camera.

dlsr network.jpg

When each camera connects to the wireless router, it should obtain a unique IP address, so the computer should have no problem differentiating among the cameras. But I think you're right that EOS Utility can talk to only one camera at a time.

But if you're not using EOSU to control the cameras (i.e., if the cameras are operated manually), then I don't think you need it. The Windows operating system (and I suspect also the Max OS) will see each camera as a separate device with a recognizable file system. So you should be able to use the computer's native software to copy the image files to the computer and edit them there or send them wherever you want.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@nadun911 wrote:

dlsr network.jpg

I would suggest setting up each camera as a different Windows user account. Then you can switch users in Windows to switch between cameras. Windows pretty much treats each user account as a separate computer. So you can have 3 copies of EOS utilities running, one under each user. While switching between users is not instantaneous it should work. Note I am using Windows 7 so I don't know of sure if this will work with Windows 8 or 10, but, I believe it will. Note each users photos can be saved to a shared 'Public' folder so they are accessible to all 3 accounts. You might even be able to set up a 4th printing account and while having the 3 camera accounts automatically saving to the shared folder. 

@TTMartin wrote:

@nadun911 wrote:

I would suggest setting up each camera as a different Windows user account. Then you can switch users in Windows to switch between cameras. Windows pretty much treats each user account as a separate computer. So you can have 3 copies of EOS utilities running, one under each user. While switching between users is not instantaneous it should work. Note I am using Windows 7 so I don't know of sure if this will work with Windows 8 or 10, but, I believe it will. Note each users photos can be saved to a shared 'Public' folder so they are accessible to all 3 accounts. You might even be able to set up a 4th printing account and while having the 3 camera accounts automatically saving to the shared folder. 

I would suspect that in order to setup each camera as a different Windows user account, then you would need to install the EOS Utility so that the program is only available for one specific user, not shared between users

On that note, I would expect that you would need to log-in under each user account, and then install the software for just that account.  If all of this sounds a bit awkward, it's because it is.

I think that it would be far simpler to use distributed control by using inexpensive tablets as a front end that remotely controls each camera.

[EDIT]  It just occurred to me that connecting more than camera to a single computer under more than one user account is most likely not possible on a computer running your typical Windows OS: 7,  8, or 10.  Because doing so would require that multilple users be logged on at the same time, which is something that Windows does not normally allow.

I cannot picture any scenario running Windows how the mulitple user account scenario would work .

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements