Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Moving Autofocus Point

Hello, on my canon eos 90d I am unable to move my single point autofocus using the buttons around the "Set" button when focusing. I used to be able to do this on my old eos. Now I have to hit the magnifying glass and then I can use the buttons around "Set."  Is there anyway to eliminate the extra step of hitting the magnifying glass? Thank you.

VIP

Re: Moving Autofocus Point

Read the manual. You can use the joystick, too.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
New Contributor

Not helpful, I can move the joystick also when hitting the magnifying glass to move the focus point, but I still have to hit the magnifying glass. I wanted to eliminate having to hit the magnifying glass, which was my original question.
Highlighted
Reputable Contributor

[ Edited ]

There's a setting in the 90D Custom Function menu (C.Fn III: Custom Controls) where you can program the various buttons and dials on your camera.

Within that menu, there's an option to enable "Direct AF point selection" for the joystick (and rear multi-directional pad). This lets you immediately change your AF point position without first having to press the AF point selection button on the top of the camera or on the rear of the camera.

I have highlighted the steps in RED...... 

006.jpg

007.jpg

007a.jpg 

Mike Sowsun
S110, SL1, 80D, 5D Mk III
New Contributor

Thank you! I didn't think of checking that menu option!