cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Autofocus Point

mikezlongisland
Apprentice

Hello, on my canon eos 90d I am unable to move my single point autofocus using the buttons around the "Set" button when focusing. I used to be able to do this on my old eos. Now I have to hit the magnifying glass and then I can use the buttons around "Set."  Is there anyway to eliminate the extra step of hitting the magnifying glass? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There's a setting in the 90D Custom Function menu (C.Fn III: Custom Controls) where you can program the various buttons and dials on your camera.

Within that menu, there's an option to enable "Direct AF point selection" for the joystick (and rear multi-directional pad). This lets you immediately change your AF point position without first having to press the AF point selection button on the top of the camera or on the rear of the camera.

I have highlighted the steps in RED...... 

006.jpg

007.jpg

007a.jpg 

Mike Sowsun

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
Read the manual. You can use the joystick, too.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

mikezlongisland
Apprentice
Not helpful, I can move the joystick also when hitting the magnifying glass to move the focus point, but I still have to hit the magnifying glass. I wanted to eliminate having to hit the magnifying glass, which was my original question.

There's a setting in the 90D Custom Function menu (C.Fn III: Custom Controls) where you can program the various buttons and dials on your camera.

Within that menu, there's an option to enable "Direct AF point selection" for the joystick (and rear multi-directional pad). This lets you immediately change your AF point position without first having to press the AF point selection button on the top of the camera or on the rear of the camera.

I have highlighted the steps in RED...... 

006.jpg

007.jpg

007a.jpg 

Mike Sowsun

Thank you! I didn't think of checking that menu option!

Announcements