cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movie camera settings

dubleo
Apprentice

Hello, I'm new to the community and to the Canon 70 D ,  I would appreciate it very much in someone can give me the best movie settings for my Canon 70D .

Thanks very much.

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, dubleo!

So that the Community can help you better, please let us know what kind of movies you're trying to create, the locations where you plan to record, and the lighting situations therein. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Gertrude312
Apprentice

Set an appropriate ISO light-sensitivity level (and turn on noise reduction) The 70D is adept at automatically controlling the ISO level, so we recommend setting ISO on Auto (Tap Q button>ISO box>Scroll Main Dial all the way to the left). To reduce grain in your pictures, though, cap your ISO at 3200

@Gertrude312 wrote:

Set an appropriate ISO light-sensitivity level (and turn on noise reduction) The 70D is adept at automatically controlling the ISO level, so we recommend setting ISO on Auto (Tap Q button>ISO box>Scroll Main Dial all the way to the left). To reduce grain in your pictures, though, cap your ISO at 3200

Whether you decide to adjust ISO manually or leave this up to the camera, make sure to turn on Noise Reduction. You'll find the option to do so under the fourth tab in Menu, labeled "High ISO speed NR." Here, you can choose from four Noise Reduction modes: Low, Standard, High and Multi Shot. We recommend using Standard because it offers the best balance of noise reduction and preservation of detail.

Announcements