cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mov Rec to Wrong Card in 5D Mkiii

DanMilham
Contributor

I record separately, RAW to CF, JPEG to SD, and select the CF for playback so the Mov files will be recorded to it. Sometimes I'll turn on my 5D Mkiii and find that the playback designation has mysteriously changed to the SD card. Anyone else notice this and klnow a cure?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

If a card is not in the camera when the camera is powered on, the camera will revert to whatever card is still in the camera.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Tim
Authority

Hello DanMilham,

This is not an issue that we are familiar with as a general camera setting issue but nevertheless, we are very sorry that it occurs.  You may want to check the date and time battery that is in the camera's right hand side (as you look from the front).  Change it with a new CR1616 lithium battery pack.  You may also want to swap out the installed cards with a new set, if possible, to see if this makes a difference. 

Again, we apologize that this occurs, and if you find that this is a persistent issue with the camera then we'd recommend you contact us through our Service and Support web site. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks, Tim. It appears that TCampbell's suggestion was correct.

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

If a card is not in the camera when the camera is powered on, the camera will revert to whatever card is still in the camera.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Thanks, Tim. That looks like the answer I needed.
Announcements