cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Micro adjustment

limvo05
Rising Star

Hello,

I was wondering if you have to redo micro-adjustment after you've cleared your camera settings? While I am familiar with the steps, I would much prefer not doing it cause it consumes time and effort.

Thanks,

LV

4 REPLIES 4

@limvo05 wrote:

Hello,

I was wondering if you have to redo micro-adjustment after you've cleared your camera settings? While I am familiar with the steps, I would much prefer not doing it cause it consumes time and effort.

Thanks,

LV

Yes, you do. But note that if you keep a record of your settings, you don't actually have to recalibrate. What I do is keep a spreadsheet with the settings for each of my lenses. Then if the camera gets reset (e.g., if I send it to Canon for cleaning), all I have to do is restore the settings.

I believe that on Canon's most expensive cameras, you can use the EOS Utility to save and restore the settings. But they haven't seen fit to provide that capability for any of their lesser cameras, AFAIK.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Bob,

Thank you for answering my question. I was afraid that answer would be YES, cause I tested taking a few test shots and it seems to be misaligned by a slight margin.

I assumed you are referring to the expensive camera as in 1DX? I use the 5Ds, so I don't think it has that feature. DANG!

Thanks!

Both the 7D2 and the 5D3 will retain the AMF settings after a reset but will be set to Disabled, by switching back to Enabled then the original values should still be there. I don't know if this also applies to the 5Ds.

Hi Ray,

Thank you for answering my question. FYI. as I was about to make the adjustment, I noticed that the setting for both my 24-20 and 70-200 are still there, however, as you've stated it has to be re-enabled. Thank you!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements