Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Menu display in a black screen able to take pictures but menu will not load up

Canon EOS 6D
New Contributor

Re: Menu display in a black screen able to take pictures but menu will not load up

Not able to get to the menu to verify if something it’s on that will set the screen to black please help
Product Expert

Re: Menu display in a black screen able to take pictures but menu will not load up

Hi Letty,

Thanks for reaching out!

If the screen isn't coming on even when you press the MENU button, then that does suggest something is not quite right, but there are a few things you can check.

I suggest that you disconnect any accessories that we don't make, then remove the battery and memory card and leave them both out for about five minutes. During this time I suggest that you check the camera to see if any buttons appear stuck or out of place. If so try to gently nudge them back into position.

If problems persist, I suggest that you email us at eosdigitalsupport@cits.canon.com with details about your camera, your date of purchase, and the state from where you are sending the camera, and we'll walk you through the repair process.

VIP

Does the 6D have the 'Info' button?  If it does press it a couple times.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV, even less and less other stuff.
New Contributor

Thank you Nick2020 I will give it a try if not I will email my information to the email you provided