cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory card

Urbexhermit
Apprentice

Can I ask for some help I have a Canon EOS 20D and when I take a single photograph I end up with 24 folders on my memory card is there any way I can stop this happening Thankyou

6 REPLIES 6

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

What kind of file names do the folders have? Your camera may add a few folders that are required for saving image files, thumbnails and other information, but I'm thinking that no where near 24 files would be needed.

Did you format the memory card in the camera before using? Have you set the camera's calendar and clock?

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Urbexhermit wrote:

Can I ask for some help I have a Canon EOS 20D and when I take a single photograph I end up with 24 folders on my memory card is there any way I can stop this happening Thankyou

It sounds like you might need a new camera, or a new memory card.  Try resetting the camera back to factory defaults.  Since memory cards are cheap, you might as well try a new one, if you can still find one that is compatible.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Urbexhermit wrote:

A wild guess would be that the 20D has a limit on the folder size and that the only way it can use the whole CF card is to chop it up that way. When you started taking pictures, did it actually start using one of the folders?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Yes named CANON100

@Urbexhermit wrote:

Yes named CANON100

Do you mean "yes", you formatted the card in-camera? Are all 24 folders named "CANON100"?

What size and brand of CF card are you using?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Make sure you know exactly what type of memory card your 20D takes.

You'll find plenty of manufacturers out there selling memory cards, all with similar-looking products and claiming similar capacity and performance. Not all memory cards are created equal.  CF cards can be made from varying quality of components and manufacturing standards. If you've bought a cheaper generic card you might want to get a high quality one. Always stay with cards from known good brands sold through authorised dealers. Counterfeit memory cards are also an issue when buying from sources like eBay. I would stay with a 8BG CF card.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements