cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory card data issues on 70D

idanidan123
Enthusiast

My 32GB memory card seems to have a problem lately. The first problem was some of the photos I took one day were unviewable, and the second problem is it takes a couple of seconds (10 seconds at least after taking a shot) to proccess to photo. I've switched back from my 8GB memory card to this and the first problem seems to be gone (for now), now it just takes a while for the memory card to proccess a picture. I've never had this issue before. Any advices on how to fix it ?

Thanks in advance !

8 REPLIES 8

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Hmmm, looks like a new SD card is in your future.  Ditch it and get another. Don't fool with it, it ain't worth it. Only buy the best name brand SD cards like Lexar and Sandisk or Transend.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Did you change some setting that might cause extra processing time? Dark field noise reduction? in camera HDR?

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Sounds like that card has become unreliable.  Toss it in the garbage.   Buy name brand cards.  Only buy full size cards, not the microSD cards with the adapters.  Don't forget to do a low level format on the card, in the camera, before using it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

The thing is that I always buy from SanDisk on eBay. The 32 GB I got is from eBay. Do you think there's another reason for it ? Because the brand card is not the issue, I think. I don't buy stuff like this from unknown brand names.

@idanidan123 wrote:
The thing is that I always buy from SanDisk on eBay. The 32 GB I got is from eBay. Do you think there's another reason for it ? Because the brand card is not the issue, I think. I don't buy stuff like this from unknown brand names.

Go find a Best Buy, or some other local electronics store, and buy a new SD card.  Your current card is suspect.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@idanidan123 wrote:
The thing is that I always buy from SanDisk on eBay. The 32 GB I got is from eBay. Do you think there's another reason for it ?....

It's possible the card is a fake. In the past there were A LOT of counterfeit memory cards sold on that auction site.

And the most commonly faked by far were Sandisk.

If you search eBay support, there used to be an extensive discussion there about the fakes and how to tell them apart from the real deal.

Another thing... Do you regularly format your memory card in your camera? If not, you should. That might solve a lot of problems. I format my memory cards first thing, every time I swap out a full one for an empty one (actually, the "empty" one is still full of images from the last time it was useed).

Just keep in mind that formatting will "erase" existing images. So before you format be sure you've downloaded all the images you want to keep. (Note: Formatting doesn't actually erase the old images, it just allows them to be overwritten).

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif., USA
"Walk softly and carry a big lens."
GEAR: 5DII, 7DII (x2), 7D(x2) some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
FLICKR & EXPOSUREMANAGER 

Got it, thanks !

idanidan123
Enthusiast
Didn't change a thing. My usual settings, always.
Announcements