cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media Cards

charmdragon
Apprentice

When using the largest media card your camera will accept, is there also a maximum read/write rate ? if so, how can you know when it is not in the manual?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tim
Authority

Charmdragon,

The maximum read write speeds are not published specifications.  We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Tiffany

Hi Charmdragon!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what equipment you're using.   Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

Thanks!

My EOS-1D Mark II N will support CF cards up to 16GB and SDHC cards up to 8GB.  Yet, it does not support the UDMA (high speed) rated cards.  Thus my maximums are a non UDMA CF card, and a standard speed SDHC card.  I cannot find any reference to a) what is 'standard speed' for  an SDHC card or b) if there is a limit to the read/write speed of the camera. 

The super large CF and SD cards are not desirable.  Before I retired I shot professionally and can tell yoiu, especially on a

1D Mk II n, you don't want or need them.  Actually 4 GB cards are great. The reason is, cards fail and when you have a large card you lose large!

It is far better to have several smaller cards and change them as needed.

The 1D Mk II n is a fantastic all professional camera.  It is one of the best Canon has made.  It is possibile to write RAW to the CF card and jpegs to the SD card.

As to write speeds, the 1 D Mk II n, will be ready for the next shot way before you are. Smiley LOL

Great camera!  You can earn a living with that camera.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Tim
Authority

Charmdragon,

The maximum read write speeds are not published specifications.  We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements