cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marking photos

midnattsol
Contributor

I shoot HS football and I need to find a way to be able to mark photos during the game so when I WI FI them to my phone on breaks I can find quickly. I can't weed through 100s of pics to find the ones I want to post.  I have tried "rating" them but I don't see that when I look on my phone. I understand it will show when I download but looking for a fast way to upload during the game. Any help out there? 

15 REPLIES 15

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Until you at least tell us what camera, what phone, and what software you are using, you are not going to get much help.

But, if your phone doesn't display the rating, then you just might be out of luck.  A Wi/Fi tablet or laptoip might do it, though.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Canon 7d II & 5d iv

Samsung G8

Using the Canon camera connect app

The website I am shooting for wants pics during the game, no time for a tablet or laptop. I can pull and post the images easy but having to wade through a ton to get to the ones I want is tricky. Was hoping I could chimp between plays and mark them somehow 

@midnattsol wrote:

Canon 7d II & 5d iv

Samsung G8

Using the Canon camera connect app

The website I am shooting for wants pics during the game, no time for a tablet or laptop. I can pull and post the images easy but having to wade through a ton to get to the ones I want is tricky. Was hoping I could chimp between plays and mark them somehow 

Like I said, if your phone cannot recognize or display the ratings, then that strategy is a dead end.  How about shooting RAW, and only converting shots to JPEG that you want to send to the camera.

The best approach is using a Wi-Fi tablet or laptop, instead of phone.  An assistant to handle file uploads would help, too.

The Samsung G8 is the problem.  You need a laptop.  It would be nice to have a helper and it would be quicker if you were tethered to the laptop.  Maybe not possible to do but check it out. I have tethered 75 feet with active USB cables.  Longer is possible but I haven't done it.  If you go the thether route get a Jerk Stopper.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

The Samsung G8 is the problem.  You need a laptop.  It would be nice to have a helper and it would be quicker if you were tethered to the laptop.  Maybe not possible to do but check it out. I have tethered 75 feet with active USB cables.  Longer is possible but I haven't done it.  If you go the thether route get a Jerk Stopper.

Not one, but two cameras, to boot.

yes, I think I am SOL.  No way to teather since I am up and down the sidelines all night with about 60 other people. 

"No way to teather..."

Use your wi-fi instead.

EB

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"No way to teather..."

Use your wi-fi instead.

Unless he has access to an Internet-wired press box, the OP would probably still be SOL. Under ideal conditions the client needs to be within 1100 feet of the access point. And even back in the days when I could pass myself off as a wi-fi expert, I was rarely able to achieve reliable connectivity at anywhere near that distance.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Bob
Boston, Massachusetts USA

That is where the 'helper', suggested a couple times comes in to play.  The laptop can move !  

EB
Announcements