Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Mark IV processing slowly

I just started using the 5D Mark IV.  It processes too slowly, giving me a BUSY message, taking more than 3 sec. to process!  I also can not shoot in bursts.  Am I missing a setting that does not allow me to process quickly?  My 5Ds is amazinginly fast and I can easily shoot in bursts.  What I am doing wrong?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mark IV processing slowly

Is DLO on?

New Contributor

Sorry, what is DLO?
Esteemed Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

@RobinS1 wrote:
Sorry, what is DLO?

Digital Lens Optimizer.

If you shoot in RAW, you don't need it, because you can apply it in post-processing.

And the only compelling reason that I've found to shoot JPEG is to get the picture to a newspaper in a hurry. Believe me when I tell you that photo reproduction in newspapers isn't nearly good enough to have it make a particle of difference whether DLO is used.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
New Contributor

Thank you!  That was the problem!  I always make lense corrections in DPP, but didn't realize it the Mk4's default settings left  the DLO on...works perfectly now!

New Contributor

Thank you so much...this was the fix I needed!  I appreciate your help!

VIP

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@RobinS1 wrote:
Sorry, what is DLO?

Digital Lens Optimizer.

If you shoot in RAW, you don't need it, because you can apply it in post-processing.

And the only compelling reason that I've found to shoot JPEG is to get the picture to a newspaper in a hurry. Believe me when I tell you that photo reproduction in newspapers isn't nearly good enough to have it make a particle of difference whether DLO is used.

When I shoot RAW, the camera seems to ignore the DLO setting.  At least it has no effect on shooting speed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."