cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mark III - blue pixels in images

dfree
Contributor

There are a few images in this shoot, this specific pose, with these blue pixelized patches (under her chin). They are brighter in Photo Mechanic at this moment. Haven't opened the images in LR or PS yet. What is causing this?

Capture.JPG

8 REPLIES 8

dfree
Contributor

Another example.

Capture2.JPG

Those look like shadow warnings. Are those the actual images or just what they look like in the editor?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I agree with Robert.  Load them in to LR and/or PS.  I doubt they will be there.

You can turn them off in your camera.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

You must consider some basic photography 'rules'.  Make sure you expose for the face. Spot meter for example. Those features are paramount. When the latitude of the camera sensor is exceeded you may lose some detail but make sure it isn't in the face.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

dfree
Contributor
These images are in Photo Mechanic, not edited yet. Yes, they are a little underexposed, but I've never seen this issue before. And I don't think I've changed any settings for them to start showing the shadows. I'll have to run them through Lightroom to see what happens then.

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Bob is probably right... many photo editing applications have the ability to highlight over-exposure or under-exposure areas.

My guess is your software is showing you areas where the data is 'clipped' on the low end (pixel values drop to zeros).

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Welll...I feel dumb. I have no idea how the option got turned on, but yes, it was checked to "Show lost shadow detail." Not a Canon issue at all. 

Moving along. Nothing to see here. *smh*

dfree
Contributor
That makes sense but this has never happened before until now. Maybe a setting changed without me realizing it. I'll have to check in Photo Mechanic.
Announcements