Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: Mark II focusing problem with action shots

I was in AI SERVO.  What I'm finding is that all my soft shots are following the initial shot of a continuous shot series.  I get the first shot in focus, but the shots that follow while my finger is still on the shutter turn out soft.  I'm not sure why...didn't have this happen with my 60D and am not using a different method than I used then...should I be??

Respected Contributor

Re: Mark II focusing problem with action shots

Dladmire00,

Based on what you are describing, you may want to double check that you are shooting in AI Servo and not AI Focus.  If you are shooting quickly moving subjects in AI Focus, the camera is likely not tracking the subject. If you are seeing the first image or two in focus, but the rest are out of focus, then it’s possible that the camera was set to AI Focus instead of AI Servo in this instance.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.