cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M6 Mark II not recognizing non-electronic lens

wreinin
Apprentice

I just got a M6 Mark II and a mount adapter for the EF-EFS lens so that I can use my current lenses from my T2i. I am having problems with my Rokinon 14mm wide angle since it doesn't have electronics, fully manual. When I press the shutter release to take a picture, nothing happens. I have the camera set to manual focus and I have Manual mode selected, but is there another setting that I need to check?

My other Canon and Tamron lenses that have electronics work fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

With that lens, you may need to go into your custom function section of the menu where there is a setting to release the shutter without lens because it may not recognize that lens as being present.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

With that lens, you may need to go into your custom function section of the menu where there is a setting to release the shutter without lens because it may not recognize that lens as being present.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Rodger,

Thank you, that was the magic piece of information that I needed. The len works great now.

William

William,

Glad it worked, have fun making some great images!

Rodger

I enable the Release Shutter  w/o lens on my Canon EOS Mark II M6 Mirrorless camera so I can use it with my Celestron Scope for birdwatching photos but once mounted on my Celestron, it is still not allowing me to take photos.   Is there another step?  I tried it both with Auto Focus and Manual Focus and I tried several of the photo settings but it is still not taking a photo.   Any suggestions?  Thank you Laurie Turns

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
Try resetting the camera back to factory defaults.

I do not know how how you were able to enable AF using that lens, but that sounds like a potential problem, to me.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks so much but when I set it to Manual Focus and then I selected the Manual Setting as well, it worked!  I think I am all set but will need to find a tri pod sturdy and tall enough (yet light enough) to take on my bird watching trip to Ecuador coming up.  The tri pod I have is not going to be sturdy enough for my Celestron Scope and camera combination.  

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
If you reset the camera, then you will need to back to the setting that allows the camera to release the shutter without a lens.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements