Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

M50 screen blackout

Often, when shooting in low light with the touch screen open - like this:

IMG20200212073854.jpg

the screen will blackout when my left hand is placed under, as shown. When I move my left hand away, it turns back on, but I don't have support. Also if I move my right hand to the screen from the right (top - to adjust settings)), the screen will blackout. This is very anoying and I cannot find any settings to adjust. Any suggestions?

Also the screen will turn off before I get everything adjusted (time out). Is there a setting to tell it to never turn off?

Thanks, in advance, for any advice.

Respected Contributor

Re: M50 screen blackout

Greetings,

There are a lot of people who have complained about this.

I haven't researched it much, but believe you can effect change by disabling the proximity sensor: Menu SET UP4->Display settings->display control->Manual.

Of course it means the camera won't behave as intended now.  You'll have to experiment and see what works best for you.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra ~Pixma Pro-100
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: M50 screen blackout

Thanks. I figured therre was a controll somewhere, I just didn't know where. That seems to work.