Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M50 screen blackout

VungTauM50
Contributor

Often, when shooting in low light with the touch screen open - like this:

IMG20200212073854.jpg

the screen will blackout when my left hand is placed under, as shown. When I move my left hand away, it turns back on, but I don't have support. Also if I move my right hand to the screen from the right (top - to adjust settings)), the screen will blackout. This is very anoying and I cannot find any settings to adjust. Any suggestions?

Also the screen will turn off before I get everything adjusted (time out). Is there a setting to tell it to never turn off?

Thanks, in advance, for any advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

There are a lot of people who have complained about this.

I haven't researched it much, but believe you can effect change by disabling the proximity sensor: Menu SET UP4->Display settings->display control->Manual.

Of course it means the camera won't behave as intended now.  You'll have to experiment and see what works best for you.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

There are a lot of people who have complained about this.

I haven't researched it much, but believe you can effect change by disabling the proximity sensor: Menu SET UP4->Display settings->display control->Manual.

Of course it means the camera won't behave as intended now.  You'll have to experiment and see what works best for you.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks. I figured therre was a controll somewhere, I just didn't know where. That seems to work.

Announcements