Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

M50 not recording?

Hey folks!

Just now I was about to record with my M50 and noticed that nothing happened when I pressed the shutter button. I tried changing the SD card but it was the same, and I can take photos just fine. However, the only thing that happens when I press the button in movie recording mode is that the menus "blink". It recorded like usual yesterday... However, I recently resetted the setting in my camera and haven't recorded since. Do you think this might have anything to do with it? 

I appreciate all help and tips I can get!

Thank you in advance.

VIP

Re: M50 not recording?

@amicyberspace wrote:

Hey folks!

Just now I was about to record with my M50 and noticed that nothing happened when I pressed the shutter button. I tried changing the SD card but it was the same, and I can take photos just fine. However, the only thing that happens when I press the button in movie recording mode is that the menus "blink". It recorded like usual yesterday... However, I recently resetted the setting in my camera and haven't recorded since. Do you think this might have anything to do with it? 

I appreciate all help and tips I can get!

Thank you in advance.

Are you pressing the shutter button, or the button with the red dot right next to the shutter button?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
New Contributor

I was pressing the shutter button. I tried pressing the other one now and the recording started like normal!
Huh, I always thought I used the shutter button to record but perhaps I didn’t even think about it... Silly me! Anyway, thanks reminding me of that man! I appreciate it!
Highlighted
Reputable Contributor

@amicyberspace wrote:
I was pressing the shutter button. I tried pressing the other one now and the recording started like normal!
Huh, I always thought I used the shutter button to record but perhaps I didn’t even think about it... Silly me! Anyway, thanks reminding me of that man! I appreciate it!

If it makes you feel any better, you're not the only person who's done that . . .Robot Embarassed