cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M50 not recording?

amicyberspace
Apprentice

Hey folks!

Just now I was about to record with my M50 and noticed that nothing happened when I pressed the shutter button. I tried changing the SD card but it was the same, and I can take photos just fine. However, the only thing that happens when I press the button in movie recording mode is that the menus "blink". It recorded like usual yesterday... However, I recently resetted the setting in my camera and haven't recorded since. Do you think this might have anything to do with it? 

I appreciate all help and tips I can get!

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@amicyberspace wrote:

Hey folks!

Just now I was about to record with my M50 and noticed that nothing happened when I pressed the shutter button. I tried changing the SD card but it was the same, and I can take photos just fine. However, the only thing that happens when I press the button in movie recording mode is that the menus "blink". It recorded like usual yesterday... However, I recently resetted the setting in my camera and haven't recorded since. Do you think this might have anything to do with it? 

Thank you in advance.

Are you pressing the shutter button, or the button with the red dot right next to the shutter button?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@amicyberspace wrote:

Hey folks!

Thank you in advance.

Are you pressing the shutter button, or the button with the red dot right next to the shutter button?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

amicyberspace
Apprentice
I was pressing the shutter button. I tried pressing the other one now and the recording started like normal!
Huh, I always thought I used the shutter button to record but perhaps I didn’t even think about it... Silly me! Anyway, thanks reminding me of that man! I appreciate it!

@amicyberspace wrote:
I was pressing the shutter button. I tried pressing the other one now and the recording started like normal!
Huh, I always thought I used the shutter button to record but perhaps I didn’t even think about it... Silly me! Anyway, thanks reminding me of that man! I appreciate it!

If it makes you feel any better, you're not the only person who's done that . . .Robot Embarassed

Announcements