cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M50 issue

revjimbo
Apprentice
I need some help...I recently switched from a Canon SL1 to the Canon M50, which I bought used.

I am using the viltronix adapter that allows EF/EFS lenses to be used on the camera...but yesterday when I was out shooting in the sun, I had this issue with hazing show up. There is a definite point shooting towards the sun, where about a third of the way down, the hazing appears.

Before I try to go back to the person who sold it to me has anyone else seen this kind of issue before? Is this an adapter issue or a problem with my camera? It seems to be an issue with my 50mm and my #35sweet lensbaby. I haven't noticed it as much with my 18-250 sigma.
issue2.jpg
I have some other pics I can post if that would be helpful.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Peter
Authority
Authority
Reflections in the adapter is my guess.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Peter
Authority
Authority
Reflections in the adapter is my guess.

ok, I think you're right. I'm going to try the much more pricey canon adapter and see if that solves the problem. so much for the $40 adapter solution. 

@revjimbo wrote:

ok, I think you're right. I'm going to try the much more pricey canon adapter and see if that solves the problem. so much for the $40 adapter solution. 

Visit a mom and pop camera store, and try an EF-M lens on it, if you can, before you order the adapter.  I still say send it back.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Send it back.  I know it might hurt.  But, you really should send it back.  Seems like something is no goot.

Get an 80D.90D, or the EOS RP.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements