Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

M50 frequent USB (and now HDMI) disconnect

Greetings!

I've been using my m50 for a little over a year now in manual video mode teathered to a PC via an Elgato CamLink and EOS Utility 3 (v3.13).

For several months the usb connection has been a bit finicky and prone to disconnecting from the EOS Utility. Lately I barely touch the connection and it'll drop/reconnect, and often will just randomly decide to drop connection a couple times an hour.

Starting today the HDMI is showing similar symptoms. It'll randomly drop connection or momentarily display a blue cast to the output.

Any ideas as to what's going wrong?

Product Expert

Re: M50 frequent USB (and now HDMI) disconnect

Hi,

Both the USB output and HDMI port are part of the same circuit board, its possible an issue in one may predict the next. I would definitely try a new USB or HDMI cable but since you are experiencing the same issue with both cables already I suspect the camera is the cause and repair would be the best solution.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair