cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M50 combines video files??

jimcat2000
Contributor

After returning from a long hike, I noticed that my SD card had several individual files that were made up of seperate video segments that were hours apart.  Is the camera combining files?  Each segment  was seperated by a audible shutter wav and a momnetary still image, then on to the next segment.  How to I avoid this in future???

11 REPLIES 11

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Are you in video snapshot mode?

jimcat2000
Contributor
I honestly don't know. I'll look it up and see, but it's odd it could go in and out, but I'm such a novice...who knows what I could of done.

jimcat2000
Contributor
I looked and it appears that video snapshot is not offered on the M50. But it sure sounds like what I've encountered. Medium length individual .move files with a string of short videos separated by an audible shutter sound and a pause still image.

Tim
Authority

jimcat2000, 

So the community may best assist you, we'd like to ask additional questions if you don't mind.

1. About how long in duration was each clip size?  

2.  Are you able to try and record to a different media card? 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/preview/Weird%20Files/MVI_0476.MP4?role=personal

The etire file is about a minute, but its broken up by video segments that range from a few seconds to several seconds.  The thing is, in actual time, hours passed between individual segments or clips, and shot both still images and video between these clips!

Looking back over this segment, its true that each still image and shutter .wav spans about 3 to 4 seconds and is pretty uniform.

Canon M50

Sandisk Extreme Plus 150 MB/s 128 GB

Could you bein Time lapse movie mode?

Untitled.jpg

@jimcat2000 wrote:

Looking back over this segment, its true that each still image and shutter .wav spans about 3 to 4 seconds and is pretty uniform.

Canon M50

Sandisk Extreme Plus 150 MB/s 128 GB

It sounds like you're shooting in Hybrid Auto Mose without realizing it. Check page 84 of the user's manual.

Screenshot_2019-10-11 EOS_M50_User_Manual_EN pdf.png

Ah, I did not see that one. Of course "Hybrid Auto Mode" Tells you exactly what it does, doesn't it? Smiley Frustrated

Announcements