cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M50 auto power's off even when disabled

C-speed
Apprentice

Hello,

I am trying to use the M50 for Youtube live streams and I have it attached via HDMI to my Macbook. It's connected to aux power (DC outlet) and I have Auto Power Off disabled, Viewfinder Off disabled and Display Off set to the max of 30min. The M50 will not stay on past 30 minutes. It still turns itself off after 30min has elapsed.

Is there a way around this?

Thank you.

27 REPLIES 27

That's what I was looking at but couldn't find the section with the "command f" function. Although I believe I figured it out! The M50 has to be in selfie mode/have the screen flipped out at around. This with the micro USB, EOS Utility, and OBS allows me to stream longer than 30 minutes!

jhodges72
Contributor
Page four of the wrench icon. Power saving. Disable auto power off. Then connect camera to canon Utility, and it won't shut off.

Got it thanks!

jhodges72
Contributor
Page four of the wrench icon. Power saving. Disable auto power off. Then connect camera to canon Utility, and it won't shut off. The M50 doesn't have to be in selfie mode for it to not shut off.

@jhodges72 wrote:
Page four of the wrench icon. Power saving. Disable auto power off. Then connect camera to canon Utility, and it won't shut off. The M50 doesn't have to be in selfie mode for it to not shut off.

For future reference, the "Edit Reply" feature in the "Options" menu allows you to correct or expand on a previous post.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

jhodges72
Contributor
Thanks. Didn't notice I posted that twice.

I started writing a whole reply to this about how I use an M50 for live streaming. Instead, I decided to make a new post because I think the info I shared can help others trying to use Canon EOS cameras for live streaming. It can be done. Read my post here: 

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/EOS/Live-Streaming-With-Canon-EOS-Cameras-Yes-you-can-do-it-Mac-O...

jhodges72
Contributor
They sell long USB cables, too.
Announcements