cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M50 Turning on Problem

R_mae
Apprentice

My Canon M50 camera suddenly not working, I've been using it for more or less 5 not consecutive days. When I turned it on the sceen flicked then went stripes before it stop working. Now it doesn't work at all, it's not turning on. It's never been dropped or even hit a hard object. What should I do? Is there any simple troubleshooting that I can do with this?

4 REPLIES 4

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Hmm, doesn't sound good. Sorry, Smiley Sad call Canon 1 (800) 652-2666

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

leelh101
Apprentice

Hi R_mae,

Same problem with a brand new Canon EOS M50 Mark II camera (4 months old). Screen suddenly showed colored stripes while scrolling through menus and then shut off. Now it won't turn on anymore. Tried using the Canon OEM battery as well as 3rd party batteries. Did you ever figure out a solution, or did you end up returning the camera? 

For anyone else who comes across same issue: We called Canon's support line, and they emailed us a warranty repair form. Filled out the repair form and returned the camera body and proof of purchase. Had to pay UPS shipping cost, but Canon has a deal with UPS to get a discounted shipping rate for warranty repairs. Canon received it within 1 business day, confirmed it was within warranty period, replaced the camera's main board, and we got it back one week after we sent it in. No issues since then.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Repeat doesn't sound good. Sorry, ebiggs1_0-1649775343380.png  call Canon 1 (800) 652-2666

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements