Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

M50 MkII: WiFi/Bluetooth and HDMI?

Can I connect via WiFi or Bluetooth with an HDMI cable connected? I know you cannot with USB connected, but the manual is not clear concerning HDMI.

VIP

Re: M50 MkII: WiFi/Bluetooth and HDMI?

I would assume that if whatever it is you're looking to do is not specifically spelled out in the User Manual, then you cannot do it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Esteemed Contributor

Since HDMI is just a mirror of the LCD, it should be fine.

VIP

@kvbarkley wrote:

Since HDMI is just a mirror of the LCD, it should be fine.

Which is exactly why it probably wouldn't work.  

The HDMI port disables the LCD in most cameras.  Connecting via USB reproduces the rear display, but it does not work when an HDMI cable was connected.  The Bluetooth connection seems to redirect the rear display signal, too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
New Contributor

Thanks for the replies. If I had played with it more, I would have seen the warning screen that says HDMI OUT disables both Bluetooth and WiFi. Oh well.