cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M5 hand strap -- possible?

taueva
Contributor

I would like to add a hand strap to my M5 but all the ones I've found require a top lug with a slit, so none will attach to the tiny M5 lug. (Not even Canon has made one for this camera.) Has anyone found a brand or a way to attach the straps that are made for the larger lugs?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@taueva wrote:

OK. I'll try.

BTW, The link you furnished shows exactly what my problem is.  Note the top part of the strap, it requires a slit-shaped lug to attach.

I don't see what you're talking about, but I have really bad eyes, so what I don't see doesn't mean anything.

Like I said, contact the product experts at B&H.  That's the first product I found.  Maybe they have something else..Their web site allows you to filter products as you browse, but the filters are not always perfect.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

OK. I'll try.

BTW, The link you furnished shows exactly what my problem is.  Note the top part of the strap, it requires a slit-shaped lug to attach.

@taueva wrote:

OK. I'll try.

I don't see what you're talking about, but I have really bad eyes, so what I don't see doesn't mean anything.

Like I said, contact the product experts at B&H.  That's the first product I found.  Maybe they have something else..Their web site allows you to filter products as you browse, but the filters are not always perfect.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

OK. I just got off the phone with BH. They have 6 pages of hand straps, none work -- all the same problem. So the person I spoike with suggested getting a triangular split ring as an interface connector. So I ordered that. Now I wait a week to see if it'll work.

Thanks for suggesting BH. It looks like if their solution isn't it, nothing is.

Hi Waddizzle!

I wanted to clarify our "rule of thumb" regarding links on the Canon Community Forum.

If you post a link to something we don't sell (like a hand strap), we're fine with it, as long as the site looks reputable. If you know the site as being reputable, we probably do, too. 

If you post a link to an auction site for a third party battery, we're taking that down, because Canon makes batteries, and sellers on auction sites aren't always known for their honesty!

We want the Canon Community Forums to be a place where you guys can feel like you can help - not feel hindered! 

We hope this helps clarify a bit, but if you ever have questions, just let us know - we're always around!

Announcements