Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

M5 connecting to eos utility

Hello I cant seem to be able to connect my Canon M5 to my mac book to run the eos utility also does the bluetooth and wirelees function work with an mac book or  Ipad? thank you

VIP

Re: M5 connecting to eos utility

What version of the MAC OS are you running?  There is an Announcements section in these forums.

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Announcements/Compatibility-of-Camera-Window-DC-EOS-Utility-and-Ma...

Some people report being able to make the latest Apple OS work, while many do not.  Not sure what the difference is, though. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Occasional Contributor

I am running Sierra on my Mac book thank you for the link

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

The announcement doesn't say much. Any other way to reach Canon and figure out the solution? Thanks!

Occasional Contributor

@gt4e wrote:

The announcement doesn't say much. Any other way to reach Canon and figure out the solution? Thanks!

I gave up on the eos utility. Image Capture works.

---------------------------------

Impeach Now !