Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

M3 takes two photos

Hey y'all!

I'm fairly new to my M3 and have noticed that nearly every time I take a photo, I get two in succession. This is creating a lot of seemingly duplicate photos. How do I stop this? 

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: M3 takes two photos

Do you have RAW+JPEG turned on?

VIP

@dizneykids wrote:

Hey y'all!

I'm fairly new to my M3 and have noticed that nearly every time I take a photo, I get two in succession. This is creating a lot of seemingly duplicate photos. How do I stop this? 

Thanks!

It sounds like AEB, Automatic Exposure Bracketing, might be enabled.  You can search for the setting in the menu.  Or, you can search for the menu selection to reset the camera back to factory defaults.  I would try the latter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Esteemed Contributor

Are the two named XXX.jpg and XXX_2.jpg? I had forgotten I had this issue (At DisneyWorld, coincidently). I don't know how I fixed it exactly, but it seemed to go away after I re-formatted the card.