cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low audio on mic w/60D

jaymack
Enthusiast

New at DSLR (but old on DV and film) and noted audio on my Canon EOS 60D isn't great. I got a corded lav mic and tried two different methods; first lav into 60D and then used digital recorder by itself. Obviously digital recorder was excellent but the lav mic plugged into 60D was very low.

I tried shotgun mic and it worked reasonably ok on 60D.

All new to me so any comments welcomed on low audio problem.

2 REPLIES 2

Tim
Authority

Hello Jaymack,

You probably need to adjust the sound recording level which will raise the audio recording level.  To do this, go into the Menu > Sound Recording function.  Switch Sound rec. to [Manual] and then press Set.  You would select Rec. level and look at the level meter while turning the <Quick Dial> to adjust the sound recording level.  You want the level adjusted so that the level meter sometimes lights up to the "12" (-12 dB) mark on the right for loudest sounds. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I did try that, but the audio off the 60D is notoriously poor, lots of hiss at any level, pretty much all the DSLR's have not great audio. I used a separate digital recorder which makes  a much cleaner audio track,

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements