cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Love My 70D

PhotoInParadise
Contributor

image.jpegi just wanted to say how much I am enjoying my new 70d camera. I have read so many posts on several photography forums regarding focusing and bounce flash issues and I have not experienced them. Rarely do people report good, you see lots of bad so I wanted to take the time to report the good. I updated from the T5i to the 70D.  This was shot in Raw, 24-70 f/4L lens with 430 EX IIIRT flash bounced off an 8' ceiling in Av mode, f/4.5 Auto ISO

My Gear: 70D, 24-70mm f/4L, 70-200 f/2.8L, 430 EX III RT Speedlight
7 REPLIES 7

Did you use the catchlight on the 430EX? If not, try it next time; it may brighten the dog's face a bit.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I pulled out the little white card but I think he just needed to tilt his head up a bit. I shot 4 photos and one has the catch light in his eyes but he had his head up looking right at me, I shot it so quick I cut some of his top knot off so didnt share that one, LOL

I'm still a newbie.

Thanks for looking and the suggestion, it is always appreciated. 

@PhotoInParadise wrote:

I pulled out the little white card but I think he just needed to tilt his head up a bit. I shot 4 photos and one has the catch light in his eyes but he had his head up looking right at me, I shot it so quick I cut some of his top knot off so didnt share that one, LOL

I'm still a newbie.

Thanks for looking and the suggestion, it is always appreciated. 

Sounds like you're off to a good start. Enjoy your new camera!

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Another one hooked!  Smiley Happy Beware, you sound like a person that has fallen into a hobby that can consume you.  It has a bottomless pit for engulfing all spare money in the household budget.  Maybe all the budget?

And it is wonderful and will reward you with a lifeime of treasures.  Smiley Wink

Your next purchase is .............. a post editor like Photoshop Elements.  It is the best accessory you could ever add to a DSLR. Smiley Very Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I use Affinity Photo for my post editing. Very pleased with it. When looking for an editing it seemed as if it worked with a Mac better than Photoshop did.

Well that's good to know you already into the post editing world. I am not a Mac user. Mostly because of the extreme penalty in price for what you get.  I have some buds that use Affinity Photo and I guess you know it is only for Mac?

The only problem I see with it is, there is no database.  So it will be impossible to catalog your photos to make them easier to find in the future.  Not a big deal today but in ten years, maybe?

OK, let's see some pictures!  Go out there and shoot.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

No catalog is a pain with Affinity Photo but they have that in the works, as well as a Windows version. For the time being, I store my photos in the Mac Photos app with icloud and an external backup.

Announcements