cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for T5i Replacement

samikep
Contributor

My daughter has been hinting about wanting a DSLR, so I figure giving her my T5i and moving up to something a little more professional would be the right move. Smiley Happy What I'm struggling with is exactly what the next camera should be. As someone that is still new to photography (1 year) I have no single area of focus, I like landscape, city, nature, macro, you name it... The one thing that is holding me back is my current lenses (50mm, 18-55, 55-250 and 10-22) most being for a crop sensor.

I've been doing research and I think it's between the 70D and 7D Mark II when it comes out, but was hoping to get some feedback here on these or any other suggestions.

13 REPLIES 13

samikep
Contributor

Thanks for all the advice, it has been really helpful. Based on the feedback and additional research, the 6D might be the best fit for someone wanting to do a large amount of landscape/cityscape and HDR work (Not sports/action or video). It looks like I can get the camera with the 24-105mm lens for around 2499.00. I will miss my 10-22mm until I can get a replacement for that.

If you guys have any recommendation on where to get the best deals online and an good (cheaper) UWA lens, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again,

SAMikeP

Great choice!  Smiley Happy

My favorite places to buy equipment is Adorama and B&H  There are more reasons to consider either of these two besides price which Adorama seems to be the best at this moment.

The 6D is Canon's entry level into full frame.  It is more reasonably priced compared to the lofty 5D Mk III and 1Dx.

It should fit you well.  It and the EF 24-105mm f4 L is a fantastic combo.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

juzan42
Contributor

70D hands down.  Anythign past that is just extra.  

70D, T3i
EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
EF-S 10-18mm
Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro
EF 50mm f/1.8
EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II
CS6, Lightroom 5.7

?  Smiley Surprised

Extra ....what?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements