Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Live View Help

Hi thanks for the Help. I hope you can help ? I have everything enabled for Live View on my 80d and when I am in manual mode and shutter priority mode in Live View I can adjust and see the Histogram move as the screen gets lighter or darker ( exposure simulation )....but that does not happen when I am in Aperture Mode under Live View... I adjust the aperture and while Exp Sim is valid nothing changes with the Histogram or screen … is it not supposed to? as the other 2 modes I mentioned do? Any Help? thanks
Highlighted
VIP

Re: Live View Help

What is the maximum aperture of your lens?  What were your exposure settings in each mode?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Highlighted
New Contributor

Well thanks for the help,,,, getting more confused.  I just noticed than in Tv mode while adjusting Shutter Speed  the aperture is stuck at 1.8 on my nifty fifty   and 2.8 on my Tamron when I am in Live View or not ?   Not sure why Aperture would not be adjusting when changing Tv.   But all is fine in Av Mode   change Aperture and Shutter speed changes accordingly.   So not sure why Aperture is stuck in Tv mode.       Still confused on Exposure Simulation in Live View   the ICON appears in the screen  but perhaps EXP SIM is not supposed to work in Tv or Av mode  ( Live View )   thanks all

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

" I just noticed than in Tv mode while adjusting Shutter Speed  the aperture is stuck at 1.8 on my nifty fifty   and 2.8 on my Tamron when I am in Live View or not ?   Not sure why Aperture would not be adjusting when changing Tv.  "

Is the lighting level so low that aperture needed to be wide open?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

" I just noticed than in Tv mode while adjusting Shutter Speed  the aperture is stuck at 1.8 on my nifty fifty   and 2.8 on my Tamron when I am in Live View or not ?   Not sure why Aperture would not be adjusting when changing Tv.  "

Is the lighting level so low that aperture needed to be wide open?

My guess was going to be the same as John's. One way to test that might be to turn on auto-ISO. Then if the aperture can't change, the ISO setting should.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA