Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Live View Exposure Simulation Problem with Canon 5d Mark IV

When I turned my camera on today and switiched to to Live View, I noticed that my histogram only displays the RGB. I want to see the brightness histogram. It has always been there until today. So I went into Playback menu 3 and checked the histogram display setting and it IS set to brightness not RGB. I have tried switching back and forth, turning the camera on and off, enabling and disabling exposure simulation but I still get just the RGB display only in Live View. I cannot figure out how to get my brightness histogram back. BTW if I look at a picture already taken, I can see both the brightness and RGB histograms. But not when I am shooting in live view. Hoping someone can help me. I have been fooling around with settings on the camera in the last few days and fear I have set something somewhere that is causing my problem but I have no idea what.

Highlighted
VIP

Re: Live View Exposure Simulation Problem with Canon 5d Mark IV

The Playback menu sounds like the wrong place.  There is a separate Live View menu.

3AD26196-254C-429B-9B0E-93F78797D775.jpeg

Hope this helps.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Live View Exposure Simulation Problem with Canon 5d Mark IV

Thank you very much.  You have solved my problem.