cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens/flash compatibility from Canon EOS 50D to Canon 7D Mark II

Enginemane44
Apprentice

I have a Canon 50D that I've had for several years and is becoming 'persnickity'.  I do a great deal of sports photography, often under low-light condtions.  I have three Canon lenses I use with the 50D and would like to make sure they will be useable on

the Canon 7D Mark II.  I believe the lenses should be compatible, but want to double-check.  I also have a Canon Speedlite 580 EXII flash which I assume will work on the Canon 7D Mark II.  Does anyone have information on this ?

Barry Walton

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Enginemane44 wrote:

I have a Canon 50D that I've had for several years and is becoming 'persnickity'.  I do a great deal of sports photography, often under low-light condtions.  I have three Canon lenses I use with the 50D and would like to make sure they will be useable on

the Canon 7D Mark II.  I believe the lenses should be compatible, but want to double-check.  I also have a Canon Speedlite 580 EXII flash which I assume will work on the Canon 7D Mark II.  Does anyone have information on this ?

Barry Walton

Any Canon EF or EF-S lens that works on a 50D should work on a 7D2.  Ditto for the Canon Speedlite.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Enginemane44 wrote:

Barry Walton

Any Canon EF or EF-S lens that works on a 50D should work on a 7D2.  Ditto for the Canon Speedlite.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you for the information.  I've ordered a Canon 7D Mark II and am glad I don't have to buy new lenses.

Barry Walton

[link removed per forum guidelines]

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I also have a Canon Speedlite 580 EXII flash which I assume will work on the Canon 7D Mark II."

This should work better on a 7D Mk II.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements