Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Lens, camera compatibiliy

Is the Canon 70-200MM, USM, IS, II, f2.8 lens compatible with my Canon EOS60D camera?

Reputable Contributor

Re: Lens, camera compatibiliy

YEs, your camera can use any EF-S or EF lens.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide
VIP

"Is the Canon 70-200MM, USM, IS, II, f2.8 lens compatible with my Canon EOS60D camera?"

Not only compatible but it is the very best lens made in this focal range. Smiley Very Happy

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV, even less and less other stuff.
Esteemed Contributor

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"Is the Canon 70-200MM, USM, IS, II, f2.8 lens compatible with my Canon EOS60D camera?"

Not only compatible but it is the very best lens made in this focal range. Smiley Very Happy

Quite true. But if you expect to use that lens indoors on a 60D, it had better be in a very large room.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
VIP

"... it had better be in a very large room."

Bob from Boston, I did not realize it was restricted to  being used in rooms!  Smiley Happy

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV, even less and less other stuff.
Esteemed Contributor

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"... it had better be in a very large room."

Bob from Boston, I did not realize it was restricted to  being used in rooms!  Smiley Happy

Well, I didn't say it was. You cropped the word "indoors" out of that sentence. Smiley Frustrated
I've used my 70-200 outdoors (on the rocks at Acadia, for example), but I use it indoors more.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA