cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LCD monitor in video mode on Canon 5d iii

Busybroadcaster
Apprentice

Can anybody advise.  Am I going mad or is it the case that, when in video mode on the 5d iii, the LCD monitor gives a live feed of the view through the lens.  I do most of my filming on a 5d ii where the action in front of the lens and what you see on the screen is in synch. Suddenly on my 5d iii I've noticed there's about half a second of delay which I am sure was not the case before. It is driving me mad as capturing specific action means playing a bizarre game of anticipation.  I have gone right through the manual and through every menu option and cannot find anything I have activated automatically.  Any thoughts would be very welcome. 

2 REPLIES 2

diverhank
Authority

My 5DIII does not exhibit the problem you described. I'm sure there's a bit of an electronic delay but too fast for the human eyes to see.  I just tested mine so it wasn't from memory or anything. You might want to reset the camera back to default just in case there's some whacky mode that would mess with the display.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

Busybroadcaster
Apprentice
I think you are probably right. Thanks for confirming that the camera should show a live feed not a delayed one. I really was beginning to doubt my memory!
Announcements